Thursday, March 15, 2007

CONTROL AND NACHO CERDA INTERVIEWS MF 3











The interview with Thomas(Control) was done via email shortly after Control played live in NYC in 2000. I've gotten some great Jamie Gillis home videos from Thomas over the years!

In the summer of 1998 I went to Montreal(Canada) for the Fant-Asia film fest. I was already at that time a huge fan of Aftermath. Well, as soon as I found out Aftermath's director NahcoCerda was going to being screening his new film Genesis I made the arrangements to go. I'm so happy I did cos Fant-Asia turned out to be the North American debute for Genesis. While attending the screening I got a press kit from Nacho with background info on himself and his films. Lucky for me it contained his address, phone number, and email. I shot Nacho an email and asked for an interview and he enthusiastically agreed. The funny thing was that Nacho really didn't feel like writing out his answers so he sent me an audio recording of him answering my questions plus tons of full color pix from the set of Geneis. Fucken cool or what? This was another C.O.C. #2 interview that I sat on for awhile. Also worth noting is that last year the DVD company Unearthed put of the special ed. of Aftermath(with Genesis) and included as an extra the audio version of my interview Nacho. Plus all the exclusive Genesis set pix. Truly one of the coolest things I've been a part of. I still can't believe it.

No comments: